Okay so technically its just spaghetti squash BUT in my opinion it tastes so much better than real spaghetti and it is SO much healthier.
AND it looks exactly like spaghetti : )
Another plus to this meal is the amount that it makes. I had half for dinner tonight and I’m going to have the other half tomorrow night!
THIS IS ONLY HALF OF THE SQUASH!!!! SOOOO FILLING!
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- gardein beefless ground
- organic tomato & basil sauce
- preheat oven to 350
- cut spaghetti squash in half and cut both ends off
- scoop out seeds and loose membrane of the squash
- get a baking pan and put about 1/4 cup of water in the bottom (helps to steam the squash)
- lay squash down to where skin side is up
- bake for about 35 min, check it, then another 15 min if needed (you will know it is done when you can easily put a fork in the membrane)
- during baking time, steam some mushrooms for about 10-15 min then cut them into very small pieces
- once squash is done, let it cool for about 10 min
- scoop out strings of squash onto a plate
- heat beefless ground in microwave for 2 min in a microwave safe bowl
- add finely cut mushrooms to ground once it has been heated and stir it up
- add ground/mushroom mix to the squash and top it with some organic tomato sauce
- and enjoy : )